Friday, November 6, 2009

Travel like it's 1999

For those that have experienced separation anxiety, you know it's a hard emotion to describe. Whether it's family, friends or places, after that separation something suddenly feels missing. It hurts.

And when my iphone broke one week after I left the United States, I was a mess. I survived in Australia with comprable first world amenities; I learned to cope. But here in India it's presence is truly missed. I've lost a camera, a translator, a stereo, an ipod, a friend.

This years out-of-country experience has been one of technological failures. I learned today that my facebook account has been temporarily suspended because of the spamming some of you experienced. Allow me to reiterate that I have in no way been mugged in London at gunpoint and need money wired. If you still don't believe me, please wire money to my Chase bank account. And hurry.

No iphone? No facebook? I feel like I'm traveling in 1999. Where's my discman at?

I'm off to board my flight to Goa. I have many more great stories I plan to share about this country. Real stories, unlike this one. For example, today a pidgeon flew into my head. In his defence, I was wearing a hoodie.

Until then.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

You had me and "and Joe". You crack me up.

p.c. said...

Hey, I still use a discman... sigh.

Justinsbackpocket said...

P.C., I feel your pain. Actually I don't, but that's mostly cause I don't know who you are. But I'd like to feel your pain - In fact I think there's an iphone application for that.