Thursday, November 5, 2009

Singapore Airport

Singapore Airport is the Presidential Suite in the hotel room analogy of airports. The list of free amenities includes but is not limited to the internet, xbox, a movie theatre and botanical garden. It's as pristine as it is modern.

When I disembarked here from flight #2 of the day - a comfortable7.5 hours from Melbourne to Singapore - I was admiring the contemporaneousness of it all when I stopped in one of the airport bathrooms to brush my teeth.

A maitenance employee was fixing one of the sinks. His dark brown south Indian complexion and matching work uniform clashed with the all white feng shui of the room. It was only because of this stark contrast that my attention was drawn to the minute detail of his accompanying work accessory. In this affluent south Asian financial hub, in arguably one of the most impressive airports on Earth, the maintenance employee stored his extra faucet pieces in a weathered tin Pokemon carrying case.

This made me very happy.

6 comments:

Laura said...

Following!

Yaniv Aronson said...

Do you know if Pikachu or Charasaur were on it, or was it more general Pokemon? Thanks.

Lisa said...

There are a couple of fallacies with this post, and I will take it upon myself to comment on them.

First off, how did you get past the Singapore airport security?
We all know of your extensive criminal record in Asia. Male prostitution is a very real and serious crime, and should not be taken lightly.

Secondly, we also know that you do not brush your teeth. So, what exactly were you doing in that bathroom with that dark brown maintenance employee? (besides admiring his chocolate complexion) performing tricks I presume..

Either way, I'm glad you made it to your destination safely... with or without the full body cavity search. ;)

Justinsbackpocket said...

As always Leese, your ability to see through the facade to the true essence of Justin is astounding. I've always had a thing for the sun stained complexions of the lowest societal class in a foreign country. Also, chocolate.

Now that my deep dark secret is out I think it's time I move forward with my lofty life's goals of moving to the mountains in Lebanon and pursue an intense nonverbal relationship with a Maronite Christian goat herder, and totally use him for his goat cheese.

Lisa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lisa said...

...wouldn't be the first time you've used a man for his goat cheese.