Friday, November 16, 2007

Nothing Happens

Good morning readers, and thanks for stopping by. I say reader(s), but if you think about it, there is really no way to tell how many people are actually reading my blog. Based on my own scientific calculations, it's close to about a million.

With one million people reading my blog, that puts quite a bit of pressure on me. And I'm not going to lie to you - I'm starting to feel it. In an effort to keep my writing style fresh, new age - POST MODERN, if you will - I'm going to experiment with a new style that I am inventing right now. I'm going to call it:

Nothing Says It All.


And to prove my commitment to a fresh, unique voice that will constantly keep said 10 million readers intrigued (it went up while I was typing - it's science) my first order of business is to change the name of this new style to:

Nothing Happens.

So without further interruption:

Nothing Happens.

November 13, 2007. Alwar - Rajasthan - India - Asia - Earth. Today we saw a marble store. Our parents went into the marble store. Possibly to look for something made of marble. I sat in the car with Sharon. People stared at us. We stared at the marble. There were no marbles, only marble. Why do they call marbles marbles? They're not made of marble - although I'm pretty sure you could make marbles out of marble. But usually, they're made of glass. Why don't we call them glasses? Who named the Earth?

They have marble floors in the marble store, with blocks of marble. My feet slide on marble floors, especially when wet. But not the marble floors of the marble store. I was still in the car.

I think about having them make me a bag of custom made marbles out of marble, although I would still call them glasses - so I can play marbles. Night turns to day. Cows chew their cud. Humans make love. The marble makers make marble. One day, we'll all be dead.

Fin.

2 comments:

Jew said...

That was the worst 2 minutes of my lift.

p.c. said...

I've decided to post in a series of haikus:

Justin Herman blog
Second time in India
I really hate him

Itchy sensation
I hope that was a female
Damn you, tequila

Men in India
Really awesome mustaches
Tell me where to sign

India sounds dangerous
I think I caught the Ganges
Wait, that's a river

Late-night writing's fun
Posting haikus on your blog
No, I'm not crying

Eh, that's enough. Enjoy yourself.